Learn how to make your own gorgeous fascinator in this Online Girls Fascinator Weekend Class workshop hosted via Zoom.
This is a beginner level workshop, no prior experience necessary.
Join Kentucky Derby fascinator professional Lisa Shaub for our two hour Online Girls Fascinator Weekend Class where we create fascinators from beautiful materials that will be sent to you in a kit. You can make yours big or small, over-the-top unique, and paparazzi flashbulb worthy.
We end the class with a virtual cocktail party, wearing our new fascinators while we have a drink together. Grab some friends online, and fire up your imagination!
This class may be scheduled as a private or a group class. at a time that works for your schedule.
Cost including materials: $150 per person
To register please contact us.
In this online art craft class you will learn to:
1. Create a fascinator base in a shape using sinamay (straw fabric). Lisa will walk you through how to make the correct shape to suit your face.
2. Create beautiful trims out of fabric, feathers and horsehair. Lisa will show you every step of how to make your flowers, how to create depth with color and sculpting, and make other trims.
3. How to assemble your fascinator. Together we will put together our elements and find the combination that works best.
4. How to attach your trims, balance the design, and finish your piece.
You will be sent a kit of materials for the class. The colors and shapes will be premade and pre-determined by you.
Most materials and shipping costs are included in the class costs.
You will also need the below for the class
- a spray bottle with water
- needle and thread
- A glue gun and glue sticks. We recommend ADTECH mini glue gun.
- A block to use- such as a wooden ashtray or small ceramic bowl 5-6
- cocktail or mocktail in a beautiful glass, and/or some yummy snacks
Virtual Class FAQ
What will be included in my Virtual Class package?
One ticket includes an access link to your live, online class. The class will be delivered via ZOOM web conferencing software. You will have the opportunity to ask questions during the class.
Will I need anything from home to use in the class?
You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which you can access your virtual class. We recommend you arrive to class 5 minutes early to ensure you’re able to set up your device and audio & video connection. Additionally, if you’d like to participate, you will need the materials and/or equipment listed in the description above.
Am I able to ask questions or interact with the class?
Yes, you’ll both be able to ask questions using the chat function in the video hosting software as well as at certain intervals during the class via voice/audio. If the class winds up being on the smaller side, more spontaneous interaction/questions will be encouraged.
This course is available for “remote” learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a “live” instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.
For a view of our previous classes visit our Hat Class Gallery.